Yes, I know Thanksgiving is a few months away, but I am feeling thankful this evening. Thankful to be born in 1975. Thankful to be 43 years old and have wrinkles, gray hair, and saggy arms. Thankful to have 20 extra pounds on my waist. Thankful for my messy house. Thankful I live in a country where I can write this post without shame or worry. It’s time to be thankful for all that we have. So instead of writing a long-overthought-paragraph-filled post, I thought it would be fun to list what I am so very thankful for right here at the end of August.
Hope you enjoy my short list of what I’m thankful for:
- My wonderful husband who has my back no matter what
- My two beautiful daughters (inside and out) that remind me everyday of what’s really important in life
- My three crazy cats that understand me completely
- My old drafty house that is filled with love
- Airplane rides to Texas, even though I’m terrified to fly
- Coffee of any kind, Keurig machines and half and half
- Microwave popcorn, no matter how bad it is for me
- Customers that drive me crazy, but push me to be more
- My mom, whom I can call anytime and I know she will love me no matter what I’m ranting about (She’ll pray for me later!)
- A good pair of crafting scissors, Stampin’ Up! paper and Tombow glue
- A pantry full of food (including microwave popcorn)
- Friends that have cheered me on, cried with me, and humbled me when I needed to be put in my place
- Sharpie Pens, Post It Notes and manila file folders
- New Belgium Fat Tire Belgian Style Ale
- Central A/C in this 125 year old house
- I’m thankful that not everyone will like me, support me or always be honest. And that’s ok – I don’t need those people in my life.
I’m most thankful that my health has not failed me and I am able to get up tomorrow morning and do whatever my heart desires. Maybe some microwave popcorn and coffee with lots of half and half……
Can’t wait to hear what you’re thankful for! Comment below, email me or message me on Facebook.